The Square Circle is a new roundtable-type discussion show that PublicSquare.net is trying to put together. It will feature pundits from different political perspectives discussing the major news items of the week.
“But those shows are a dime a dozen,” you say. “What would make this one different?” Several things:
- The panelists will be bloggers, not the syndicated columnists you’re accustomed to seeing on other shows. They’ll be on the younger side, so they’ll bring a fresh perspective and more lively discussion.
- There will be a real balance of viewpoints. The panel will consist of a libertarian, a conservative, a left-of-center moderate, and a liberal. Most other shows are tilted toward one side or the other. Furthermore, they don’t have real disagreements between people on the same side of the spectrum. On The Square Circle, the libertarian and the conservative will disagree on social issues, while the moderate and the liberal will probably disagree on strategies and tactics on the left.
- The show will be interactive. Viewers will be invited to submit their questions via our website, and the panelists will answer them on the air.
- The show will be broadcast live. Most other shows are recorded.
- The show will be streamed live over the web and will be available on-demand. You won’t have to remember to set your DVR.
We hope to begin filming late this summer. Stay tuned for more updates.