- Immigration, Betsy DeVos, terrorism
- Inauguration boycotts, Chelsea Manning, James Comey
- House ethics reform, Obamacare, Trump and Russia
- Israel, Russian diplomats, Obama vs. Trump
- Berlin attack, Russian ambassador killed, North Carolina coup
- Nuclear Weapons and “No First Use”
- Castro’s death, Trump’s cabinet picks, Trump’s flag tweet
- Trump Defeats Clinton
- Border Security: Would More Investment Make Sense?
- Clinton-Trump Round 3, Voter Fraud, Syria
Scholar’s Mate is PublicSquare.net’s signature debate show. Two subject matter experts engage each other in civil, intelligent debate on a narrowly defined yes/no question related to public policy, law, religion, or social issues.
The show has a segment called “Answer This!” in which the experts get to ask questions of each other directly.
There is also a segment called “We Agree!” that focuses on the areas of agreement between the two guests. Each guest is asked to name at least one point on which the two of them agree.
The phrase “Scholar’s Mate” refers to a chess maneuver.