- Syria, North Korea, United passenger fiasco
- Devin Nunes, environmental regulation, web privacy
- Trump-Russia, health care, Neil Gorsuch
- GOP health care bill, wiretapping, Day Without a Woman
- Trump addresses Congress, Jeff Sessions in hot water
- Venezuela: An Indictment of Socialism?
- Immigration, Milo Yiannopoulos, transgender bathrooms
- Immigration, Betsy DeVos, terrorism
- Inauguration boycotts, Chelsea Manning, James Comey
- House ethics reform, Obamacare, Trump and Russia
The China Model: Political Meritocracy and the Limits of Democracy
Daniel Bell, author of The China Model, discusses the book with Stein Ringen of the University of Oxford.
Daniel A. Bell is Chair Professor of the Schwarzman Scholars program at Tsinghua University in Beijing and director of the Berggruen Institute of Philosophy and Culture. His books include The China Model, Spirit of Cities, China’s New Confucianism,Beyond Liberal Democracy, and East Meets West (all Princeton University Press), and he is the editor of the Princeton-China Series. He writes frequently for leading media outlets in China and the West, and his works have been translated in 23 languages.
University of Oxford
Stein Ringen is Emeritus Professor of Sociology and Social Policy at Green Templeton College, University of Oxford, and a Visiting Professor at Richmond, The American International University in London. He has worked as a high government official in his native Norway, in international organizations, and as a political journalist. He has held visiting professorships and fellowships around the world. His most recent book is Nation of Devils: Democratic Leadership and the Problem of Obedience.