- Syria, North Korea, United passenger fiasco
- Devin Nunes, environmental regulation, web privacy
- Trump-Russia, health care, Neil Gorsuch
- GOP health care bill, wiretapping, Day Without a Woman
- Trump addresses Congress, Jeff Sessions in hot water
- Venezuela: An Indictment of Socialism?
- Immigration, Milo Yiannopoulos, transgender bathrooms
- Immigration, Betsy DeVos, terrorism
- Inauguration boycotts, Chelsea Manning, James Comey
- House ethics reform, Obamacare, Trump and Russia
Venezuela: An Indictment of Socialism?
The economic situation in Venezuela gets worse by the day. Is this an indictment of socialism? Two experts on Latin America debate.
Gabriel Hetland, PhD
Gabriel Hetland, PhD, is an assistant professor of Latin American, Caribbean, and Latino Studies and Sociology at University at Albany, SUNY. He received his PhD in Sociology from the University at California, Berkeley in 2015. He is author of the forthcoming book Making Democracy Real: Participatory Governance in Urban Latin America and has been published in numerous scholarly journals and popular press outlets.
Ray Walser, PhD
Foreign policy analyst
Ray Walser, PhD, is a veteran Foreign Service officer and former senior policy analyst specializing in Latin America at the Heritage Foundation. Before entering the Foreign Service, Walser taught courses in European history, international relations, and Western civilization at Bluefield College in Virginia. He earned his doctorate at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. He conducted archival research in France to prepare his doctoral dissertation on French naval policy before World War I.