- GOP health care bill, wiretapping, Day Without a Woman
- Trump addresses Congress, Jeff Sessions in hot water
- Venezuela: An Indictment of Socialism?
- Immigration, Milo Yiannopoulos, transgender bathrooms
- Immigration, Betsy DeVos, terrorism
- Inauguration boycotts, Chelsea Manning, James Comey
- House ethics reform, Obamacare, Trump and Russia
- Israel, Russian diplomats, Obama vs. Trump
- Berlin attack, Russian ambassador killed, North Carolina coup
- Nuclear Weapons and “No First Use”
Berlin attack, Russian ambassador killed, North Carolina coup
This week on The Square Circle, we discuss these issues:
- Terrorism struck this week in Berlin, Germany, as a man ran a truck into a crowd at a popular Christmas market, killing 12 and injuring dozens more. The main suspect is an asylum seeker, ostensibly from Tunisia. This has prompted more criticism of Germany's generous refugee and asylum policies. So did the Germans' open arms make them vulnerable to terrorism?
- This week, the Russian ambassador to Turkey was assassinated by a man claiming allegiance to ISIS. What does this episode say about the conflict in Syria?
- Republicans in North Carolina came under fire for what some are calling a coup against the incoming Democratic governor. Is there any way to justify these actions, or is it just a naked power grab?
Gregory Clay of GDClay.com, political correspondent for McClatchy James Rosen, and political consultant Rina Shah Bharara discuss these issues and more.